#7 of Learning 2.o states that we should blog about something technology related so I decided to share with you several websites that I find amazing. I learned about them this past summer while attending the 2009 World Language Technology Institute. It was a week long institute that was sponsored by the Department of Education. In the near future we are going to have to include technology standards in the curriculum of schools. In any case, the websites are voki.com and voicethread.com. Voki.com allows you to create personalized speaking avatars. As a librarian you could post this on your website to give information to kids in a more kidfriendly manner. Also, voicethread.com allows you to have conversations around media. I think a librarian could use images that relate to books and have conversations with patrons/students on his/her blog. What do you think of these sites?
4 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing these links Mara!!! voki.com looks amazing!!! I think these would be fantastic tools to use in a school library. The World Language Technology Institute sounds interesting, where is that held?
Mara,
That is a great tool. I want to try this as well. My son would get a kick out of it. Thank you for the links.
John
FANTASTIC shares! Thank you!
omg mara! this is the cutest app i've seen~ i'm so going to put this on my page when i get the chance.
have you ever heard of xtranormal? they do text to movie with cute animation too. you can choose the voices, languages, and even accents. They have Spanish too!
check it out.
Post a Comment